Sulawesi is divided into five main provinces, namely South, Central, West, Southeast and North Sulawesi. The different customs, culture, religion and language people still coexist in harmony. Sulawesi has a marvelous natural beauty, with a dramatic background of mountains and sea, which makes it a unique place to visit.
Tanah Beru is a boat builders’ village. Many boat builders from the region moved to Tanah Beru, which results in a concentration of boats under construction. Most boats are of the Phinisi type and built without the use of any technical drawing. Even the connections are made with wooden pins.
Bira beach is a tropical getaway, with powdery white sand and pristine turquoise waters.
Day 1: Makassar – Arrival (L.D)
- Upon arrival at Makassar Airport, you are welcomed by our representative and transferred to your hotel.
- Lunch and dinner are served at a local seafood restaurant and overnight stay is at a hotel in Makassar.
Day 2: Makassar – Tana Toraja (B.L.D)
- In the morning, you leave for a 9-hour drive to Tana Toraja, a South Sulawesi regency and situated in a mountainous area at approximately 600 – 700 m ASL.
- Lunch is served at a local seafood restaurant in Pare Pare. During your trip to Tana Toraja, you can admire the beautiful landscape and typical houses.
- You arrive in Tana Toraja in the late afternoon, where you check in at your hotel.
- The rest of the evening is free leisure time.
Day 3: Tana Toraja tour ( B.L.D)
- Today you explore Toraja and its unique culture and traditions. First, you visit Lemo, the typical Torajan graves in the rocky mountains with effigies in front of the graves. According to Torajan history, these graves were made in the 17th century when the Torajan people began to use iron tools.
- You continue your journey towards Suaya to see the baby graves. When a baby died before having its first tooth, it was buried in a big tree. Next stop is at Londa, a natural cave that is used as a grave.
- Lunch is served at a local restaurant.
- After lunch, you drive to Kete-Kesu, an old Torajan village with traditional houses and rice barns. This village is also well known for its handicraft.
- Today’s last stop is at the Rantepao local market. You return to your hotel in the late afternoon.
Day 4: Toraja – Sengkang ( B.L.D)
- Today you depart on a 6-hour drive to Sengkang. Lunch is served along the way at a local restaurant.
- Around noon, you arrive in Sengkang and check in at your hotel.
- After a few minutes of rest, you go to Sengkang’s Temple Lake. You hop in a traditional canoe and cross the lake to witness daily life in and around the lake’s floating houses.
- In the late afternoon, you return to your hotel. Dinner is served at a local restaurant.
Day 5: Sengkang – Bira Island (B.L.D)
- The morning is free for leisure. Later today, you continue your excursion towards Bira Island.
- You stop in Tanete to have a look at the rubber plantation.
- There is another stop in Kajang, where you can see the closed Suku Konjo community. From Suku Konjo, you drive towards Tanah Beru, a place where they build boats in a traditional way.
- You arrive on Bira Island around noon.
- After check-in at your hotel, you can relax on the beautiful white sandy beaches and swim in the crystal clear waters.
Day 6: Bira Island tour ( B.L.D)
- Today you can relax on the beach and swim in the crystal clear water.
- If you want, you can also try snorkeling or diving.
Day 7: Bira Island – Makassar – Departure (B.L)
- In the morning, you return to Makassar Airport. Lunch is served in a local restaurant in Makassar.
- Arrival at the airport is foreseen in the late afternoon, where you can catch your flight to your next destination.
End of tour & Service Wishing you and Selamat jalan