Sulawesi is divided into five main provinces, namely South, Central, West, Southeast and North Sulawesi. The different customs, culture, religion and language people still coexist in harmony. Sulawesi has a marvelous natural beauty, with a dramatic background of mountains and sea, which makes it a unique place to visit.
Manado, also called the ‘city of churches’, is the provincial capital of North Sulawesi. Manado people are fun-loving and extroverted. They live in neat wooden frame houses, with fences and flower gardens, which gives Manado a European touch. The city has numerous shops and markets and is a great departure point for exploring the region. This 5-day trip gives you a taste of all the interesting things Manado has to offer.
Day 1: Manado – Amaze Tower – Manado City Tour – Sunset Boulevard (L.D)
- Upon arrival at Manado Airport, you are warmly welcomed by your guide. You check-in at your hotel and visit Ringroad Region Land and the Amaze Tower, the world’s second largest Jesus statue.
- Afterwards, you depart on a city tour, visiting 45 market, Kampung China (Chinese village) and the 300-year old Ban Hing Kiong pagoda.
- You continue your tour with a visit to the World War II monument and Manado’s oldest church. Enjoy a young coconut and some fried banana with spicy sauce chili, a local delicacy in Manado.
- Dinner is served at a local restaurant.
Day 2: Bunaken sightseeing tour and shopping (B.L.D)
- After breakfast at the hotel, you sail to Bunaken Island, which takes about 45 minutes.
- Upon arrival at the Bunaken Marine Park, you switch boats and board a catamaran to see the beauty and diversity of the fish and colorful corals.
- After the catamran trip, you can snorkel or dive for the rest of the day.
- Lunch is served in a local restaurant on Bunaken Island.
- You sail back to Manado in the evening, where you can do some souvenir shopping and enjoy a drink in a local bar.
- Dinner is served in a local restaurant in Manado.
Day 3: Minahasa highland tour (B.L.D)
- Today you go to the Minahase highlands.
- You visit Tondano Lake, where lunch is served in a local restaurant at the shores of the lake.
- On the way to Bukit Kasih, you stop at Minahasa Village to see their original pottery. There is enough time to shop and taste this region’s specialty, peanuts.
- You stop at Linow for a coffee break while enjoying the lake.
- In the late afternoon, you return to Manado where dinner is served in a local restaurant.
Day 4: Waruga Sawangan and Naemundung Safari Park (B.L.D)
- Prepare for an interesting trip to Waruga Sawangan, archaeological sites in the form of old graves in Sawangan. You are invited to see the “Iron Nine Princess Tumalenden”.
- After Sawagan, you travel to Bitung, Manado’s seaport. Lunch is served at a local restaurant in Bitung.
- After lunch, you proceed to the Naemundung Safari Park, where you can see the typical fauna of North Sulawesi, such as the tarsier, the smallest monkey in the world with a weight of 250 grams and a height of 15 cm. They are only found in North Sulawesi, their natural habitat. You can also spot hog deer and many bird species.
- In the late afternoon, you return to Manado, where dinner is served in a local restaurant.
Day 5: Manado – Departure (B.L)
- Enjoy free leisure time until it is time to go to Sam Ratulangi Airport for your flight towards your next destination.
End of Tour and service