Sulawesi is divided into five main provinces, namely South, Central, West, Southeast and North Sulawesi. Despite different customs, cultures, religions and languages, Sulawesi’s people still coexist in harmony. Sulawesi has a marvelous natural beauty, with a dramatic background of mountains and sea which makes it a unique place to visit.
Manado, also called the ‘city of churches’, is the provincial capital of North Sulawesi. Manado people are fun-loving and extroverted. They live in neat wooden frame houses, with fences and flower gardens, which gives Manado a European touch. The city has numerous shops and markets and is a great departure point for exploring the region.
This 4-day trip gives you a taste of all the interesting things Manado has to offer.
Day 1: Manado – Amaze Tower – Manado city tour – Sunset Boulevard (L.D)
- Upon arrival at Manado Airport, you are warmly welcomed by your guide. You check-in at your hotel and visit Ringroad Region Land and the Amaze Tower, the world’s second largest Jesus statue.
- Afterwards, you depart on a city tour, visiting 45 market, Kampung China (Chinese village) and the 300-year old Ban Hing Kiong pagoda.
- You continue your tour with a visit to the World War II monument and Manado’s oldest church. Enjoy a young coconut and some fried banana with spicy sauce chili, a local delicacy in Manado.
- Dinner is served at a local restaurant.
Day 2: Bunaken sightseeing tour and shopping (B.L.D)
- After breakfast at the hotel, you sail to Bunaken Island, which takes about 45 minutes.
- Upon arrival at the Bunaken Marine Park, you switch boats and board a catamaran to see the beauty and diversity of the fish and colorful corals.
- After the catamran trip, you can snorkel or dive for the rest of the day.
- Lunch is served in a local restaurant on Bunaken Island.
- You sail back to Manado in the evening, where you can do some souvenir shopping and enjoy a drink in a local bar.
- Dinner is served in a local restaurant in Manado.
Day 3: Minahasa Highland tour (B.L.D)
- Today you go to the Minahase highlands.
- You visit Tondano Lake, where lunch is served in a local restaurant at the shores of the lake.
- On the way to Bukit Kasih, you stop at Minahasa Village to see their original pottery. There is enough time to shop and taste this region’s specialty, peanuts.
- You stop at Linow for a coffee break while enjoying the lake.
- In the late afternoon, you return to Manado where dinner is served in a local restaurant.
Day 4: Manado – Airport /Transfer out (B.L)
Enjoy free leisure time until it is time to go to Sam Ratulangi Airport for your flight towards your next destination.
End of tour and Service