Sulawesi is divided into five main provinces, namely South, Central, West, Southeast and North Sulawesi. The different customs, culture, religion and language people still coexist in harmony. Sulawesi has a marvelous natural beauty, with a dramatic background of mountains and sea, which makes it a unique place to visit.
Tanah Beru is a boat builders’ village. Many boat builders from the region moved to Tanah Beru, which results in a concentration of boats under construction. Most boats are of the Phinisi type and built without the use of any technical drawing. Even the connections are made with wooden pins.
Bira beach is a tropical getaway, with powdery white sand and pristine turquoise waters.
Day 1: Makassar Arrival ( L.D)
- Upon arrival at Makassar Airport, you are welcomed by our representative and transferred to your hotel.
- Lunch and dinner are served at a local seafood restaurant and overnight stay is at a hotel in Makassar.
Day 2: Makassar – Bira Island ( B.L.D)
- After breakfast, you depart on a 5-hour drive from Makassar to Bira Island. You pass several regencies such as Gowa, Takalar, Jene’ Ponto and Bantaeng.
- Along the way, you make multiple stops to take pictures, such as in Jene’ Pontoto to see local people making salt in a traditional way. Lunch is served at a local restaurant.
- After lunch, you proceed to Tanah Beru to see how the Phinisi boats are built.
- You arrive on Bira Island around noon and check in at your hotel.
- You can enjoy Bira Island’s beautiful white sand for the rest of the day.
Day 3: Bira Island tour (B.L.D)
- Today you can relax on the beach and swim in the crystal clear water.
- If you want, you can also try snorkeling or diving.
Day 4: Bira Island tour (B.L.D)
- After breakfast, you go sailing on a traditional boat. Lunch is served on board.
- In the afternoon, you return to your hotel.
Day 5: Bira Island – Makassar – Departure (B.L)
- In the morning, you return to Makassar Airport. Lunch is served in a local restaurant in Makassar.
- Arrival at the airport is foreseen in the late afternoon, where you can catch your flight to your next destination.
End of tour & Service